Monday, November 28, 2011

As per usual Monday habit, here I am back to you with the happenings of my last week in Kalongo.
For those of you that started reading since the beginning, you may recall a picture of our wonderful cook Cecilia, due to delivery anytime soon...this soon finally arrived and it is this new bundle of softness called...Alessia!!! Yes, this time no short version, this little girl is actually called like me!!
In this first picture Francesco holding Alessia while sleeping... 

...and Alessia with Cecilia, her mum:


On a totally different note, on Thursday we had the visit our the Italian Ambassador in Uganda, Stefano Rejak. He started his service as new Ambassador in Uganda three weeks ago and he then decided to travel around North Uganda to pay a visit to the places where the Italian presence has an impact on the commnity, through non-profit organizations mainly.
You see him here below welcome by the students of the St. Bakita school in Kalongo:


Here having lunch with the Italians in Kalongo:


And here his entry to the Dr. Ambrosoli Memorial Hospital, where the students from the Midwifery School welcome him with songs and music, with the typical kindness that always characterized them:


Signing of the Visitor's Book...


..and the donation of some gifts. The Ambassador and his staff left then in the evening after having paid a thorough visit to the Hospital.


This past Saturday...it was PARTY time!! The medical staff of the Hospital organized a Welcome Party for the new Japanese surgeon that will spend some months here offering his services for the Japanese Red Cross. The medical staff also was so kind to add me in the list of Guest of Honour, and let me sit next to the "important" people!


Songs were played to celebrate us ...


...and then, we opened the dances!!! And of course I did not stop until the music was shut down at night!! 


And I was particularly happy because...I finally found my dancing partner!!!
Oh yes...even this is happening in Kalongo!!!


We all had a lot of fun and, other than dancing myself, for me it was amazing to observe the guests dancing the local acholi music...so charming!!

Tomorrow I will go visit Kitgum, which is a nearby city, getting soon ready for a week end of action: visit to a park...then I will prove you why people say Uganda is the Pearl of Africa!
Afoio!

No comments:

Post a Comment