Tuesday, November 8, 2011

As I wrote to you last, Sunday morning I went to the market. I guess there is not much to say about this. The pictures below show you Francesco and the Administrative Secretary of the office while walking to the market in the centre of Kalongo.

An overview of the market which is basically divided into a section with fruits and veggies and another one with clothes.

I bought some local vegetables there and decided then to cook my first pasta in Uganda with the help of Cecilia, our cook! Result was good and approved!
Cecilia is a lovely lady that has been the cook here for so many years. As you can see from the picture, she is due to deliver within the month and she told me that if it is going to be a baby, she will be called Alessia...nice one eh?!

Sunday afternoon, after the n-th rain I went with Francesco to St. Theresa school where the little girls taught me the numbers in the local language, and I taught them the ones in Italian...little by little by the end of my stay here I may know some sentences!

We went back last evening after work with the map of Italy to show them where we live. They were so enthusiastic and curios about Italy!

And I leave you with a picture of the nature around Kalongo. It's a pity that my camera cannot take nice pictures at night but, the view of the stars from here, it's unbeatable!


Afoio!

No comments:

Post a Comment