Monday, December 5, 2011

My post in regards to this past week will mainly comprise A LOT of pictures, since I think they better explain all the events that happened.

Starting with Tuesday when I visited the city of Kitgum, located approximately 70km from Kalongo.
After having being in Kalongo, in the middle of a rural area for nearly a month, to see some shops, banks, etc.that we found in Kitgum was like spending a day in the most modern place ever.
Below some pictures of "city life" in Kitgum!



During the week our dear Francesco had a small accident and was forces to walk with crunches. He is now recovering, very fast actually, we see him here with his "twin" just outside the surgical ward.


Francesco, we want you back in shape as soon as possible!! Even though....there is apparently someone that does not want to let you go away from him!!


Thursday right after work I passed to the Saint Theresa school, to say goodbye to all the girls that I became friend with, since they left this past Friday for the holidays.
As soon as I reach them, they asked me to join them in some games...definitely you could see that they are in better shape than I am...those twenty years more of age are actually showing!!


I then took some pictures of all of them together and will try to get some prints out for the time that they will arrive back to school in February.




After I left them, I join the students of the midwifery school for some...jogging...that's the way we do it!



And finally...Friday evening was the big day: week end trip to Kidepo park, located in the Karamogia region of Uganda, approximately 40km from southern Sudan.
We were a total of eleven people, including Francesco and some other tutors from the midwifery school.
At departure:

I have to say, this has been one of the most memorable days I have ever had in my entire life, full of unique emotions and feelings!
We left early in the morning from Kalongo and reached in the early afternoon the place where we were supposed to spend the night to then reach the park the following morning.

The highway in Uganda...

...some obstacles along the way...


...but also some cheerful friends...


Getting ready for lunch...


...and the hard preparation of dinner, with the precious support of our "tasters"!!


The following morning we left really early in order to be at the park right after the rising of the sun.
So...Good morning Africa!! This was one of the most beautiful landscape I have even seen...


Group picture at the entrance...


...and we our dearest Francesco!


And we were then all ready to see some animals in the park...mainly buffalos I have to say...really too many I have to add!!



 A leon...


And some others...



We then finished the visit of the park around mid-day on Saturday, so then decided to drive back to Kalongo, which we reached at dawn time...

Aaahhh...back home!!


 Today my last week in Kalongo started since I am due back to Italy soon and most of the time will be dedicated to wrap up with my work here...but I am quite sure some other wonderful things will also happened and I am looking forward to share them!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment