Monday, November 14, 2011


Sunday was another intense day! Being in a Hospital in Africa, nearly 15 babies are born every day. Chatting here and there, some midwifes whose I became friend with, thought it was unbelievable that a woman my age has never seen a delivery (it is? I guess in our culture I am definitely on average, but not for their culture!), so I accepted their offer of being present during a delivery. And so I did.
The result was amazing, there you go little Ale. 


The mum decided to give to the baby girl my name. Given the high number of children/woman, the choice of the name is one of the last things that are decided basically and not much time is spent on that decision either. So, little Ale, welcome to our world!

Not satisfied yet with all the happenings of the day, I reached some of the students in the primary school next to the Hospital and thought them some…mathematics! 



They were really good at solving the problems I prepared for them so for tomorrow I promise them I will give them some assignments to work over the week and next week end we will correct it all together!

It is now Monday evening at the time I am writing. A new week has begun; work is taking most of my time, looking at financial data from the last years, strategic plans, etc. Because this experience in Kalongo is amazing for so many aspects: the relationships with the people here and, ok, I am still an MBA, the “fun” that comes from participating with my work to some of the strategic decisions of the Hospital.
Afoio!
Ale

2 comments:

  1. Fai l'aiutante ostetrica, la maestra ma soprattutto... ti alzi all'alba la domenica per andare a fare una camminata in montagna!?!?!? ;-)
    Grande Ale, leggerti è un piacere!
    come è andata questa settimana?
    un super abbraccio!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Marco!
    Week end meno attivo dello scorso, ma al solito grandi novita'!
    Internet sta andando maluccio in questi giorni ma tra oggi e domani dovrei aggiornare il blog!

    ReplyDelete